Alternative Agro-Food Supply Systems
The aim of the project is to emphasize the link between local productions and a mode of distribution and consumption of proximity, much more valuable in terms of sustainable development and of eco-friendly behaviour.
Indeed these devices at human scale offer many advantages:
- Social: to reinforce the bond between producers and consumers by supporting the co-education of the implied actors and the quality of the exchanges;
- Economic: to develop a production of higher quality while ensuring a better quality ratio/price for consumers
- Environmental: to preserve the ecosystem by practices less impacting.
The partnership is made up of teaching and training structures (universities, schools, apprentices' schools and training centers…) implied in the thematic. Will also be associated: producers, consumers, associations, official bodies,…
Learners will take an active part in the project either through mobilities or through pedagogic actions led within the structures partners.
The object is to make a full list of the devices and experiments in existence in order to determine the characteristics and the key elements of success and development and then to consider a possible transposition and use in other countries. In a second time this project will help get a clearer vision of the requirements in terms of contents, pedagogy and training which could fit it. The project will take the form of a CD presenting the whole of the productions described above. It will be disseminated to all participants and partners through Internet (on site links, dedicated platform…)
Taking into consideration these converging points, it seems important to impulse a co-operative work on the theme of the various links existing between consumers and producers in order to strengthen our expertise while favouring the development and the establishment of these links.
The project will proceed as follows:
1) During the mobilities, each stay will be centered on the following actions: - Restatement of the previous activities run out since the last meeting: except for the first meeting in the coordinator country for which the work will concern the launching of the project through the checking and the adequacy of the objectives with respect to the partners' expectations, the establishment of partnership rules, the presentation of the tools to be implemented (monitoring sheets, evaluation grids, dashboard of current activities…)
- Learning about experiments and initiatives carried out as regards relations of proximity between producers and consumers in the hosting country.
- Analysis of the situations exposed (strong points, specificities…) and possibilities of transposition to other territories
- Evaluation of the activities undertaken within the framework of the project concerning the unfolding as well as the relevance of the work with respect to former objectives.
2) On the last stay the part concerning the evaluation of the project will be more particularly developed together with the ensuing prospects: possibilities of carrying on the partnership and methods.
More information can be found in the project's website:http://www.altafoodss.org